Thursday, November 1, 2012

toys for kids made by kids

Child's Own Studio is a website where parents can send their child's drawing and it gets made into a doll. There's a variety of dolls, including one of a fart. Yes, a boy made a drawing of a fart and it was made into a doll, and it is adorable. 

I think this is a great way to encourage and promote creativity because children can see a final product of their creation. They can play with something that is completely theirs and feel proud of their creation. For girls, especially, I think this is an excellent resource as they can play with dolls that have a meaning for them and that don't necessarily serve the purpose of training them to become mothers. I wish something like this existed when I was growing up because, despite not being a good drawer now, I used to doodle and draw a lot when I was younger, so it would've been amazing to see one of my creations come to life. There is no limit to a child's creativity, and with a resource like this one, practically any creation can come true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment